Property professionals from Greystar, SAY Consulting, deverellsmith, and Be Original have joined forces to create a central register where the real estate industry can pledge support to the UK National Health Service (NHS) and healthcare workers and help them fight Covid-19.
The initiative repurposes the Do Some Good platform, which launched earlier in the year when MIPIM 2020 was cancelled to encourage delegates to use the extra time from not attending the event for charitable endeavours.
The website will now act as a one-stop shop for businesses to offer space, supplies, manpower and other resources that will help the NHS to tackle the outbreak.
The property industry and its supply chain can sign up and offer help through Do Some Good in three main ways:
• Providing space, such as temporary beds for workers or car parking
• Sourcing medical supplies and Personal Protective Equipment
• Offering operational support, such as logistics or facilities management
The Do Some Good team will consolidate the industry’s efforts to make the allocation of resources more efficient and is also interested in hearing from volunteers.
Adina David, founder of Ladies in Real Estate and director of Flexible Housing at Greystar, said: ‘Now more than ever the real estate industry must come together as a community to support the NHS. Real estate is a people-focused industry. It is vital to take care and give back to our heroes in the NHS and healthcare industry, who are working valiantly to look after us during this time. We must do our part as individuals and as an industry to ensure that healthcare workers on the frontline have the support required.’
If you or your organisation is looking to help, Do Some Good is looking to pool offers of assistance with the following:
Space (in support of the UKAA initiative):
• Space for critical care beds
• Space/ accommodation for NHS workers to self-isolate in (no individual flats)
• Car parking spaces
• Storage Space
• Medical-grade masks (e.g., n95 masks, existing PPE or 3D printed)
• Single-use gloves
• Face shields
• Other medical supplies
Operational Support & Other Supplies (For temporary accommodation for NHS workers):
• Management of residential facilities
• Management of logistics / storage
• Furniture procurement
• Cleaning & procurement of linen
• Cooked Meals
• Food donations
• Other donations